Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Church of Sts. Jack is part of the monastic Dominican fathers. Although centuries of its existence have been destroyed for many centuries, elements of old equipment have survived. the Chapel of the Kotowskis from 1691-1694 and the tombstone of Catherine of Kosinski Ossolinska from 1607.
The building was built in the 17th century by the Warsaw burghers' foundation. In 1603 the Bishop of Poznań issued a permit to build a church and monastery. St. Jacek, who is patron of the temple, was twice the preacher of the Dominican monastery.
In the seventeenth century the monastery residents suffered a cholera epidemic. During the Swedish Deluge, negotiations between the envoys of Charles Gustav and the Warsaw Magistrates' Council on the surrender of the city took place.
During the Warsaw Uprising an insurgent hospital was organized in the church. As a result of the bombing and artillery fire in the basement, over 1,000 people were killed. The building was rebuilt in 1947-59.