Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The main seat of the Warsaw Museum is eleven connected Old Town tenement houses. Counting over 250,000 museum objects collections document the history and culture of the capital. The museum conducts educational and publishing activities, awarded in 2010 with the Klio Award. An additional attraction is the viewpoint, cafe, bookstore and cinema.
The main exhibition is called 'Warsaw Things' - you can see collections in thematic cabinets from the fields of archeology, sculpture, painting, iconography, artistic craftsmanship, numismatics, graphics and architectural drawings. The exhibits include numerous performances of the Warsaw Mermaid.
The facility was opened in 1936 as the Museum of Old Warsaw, which is a branch of the National Museum. The headquarters of the museum and its collections were destroyed during the Warsaw Uprising. After the war, the Museum resumed operations in the reconstructed tenement houses and adopted the name of the Historical Museum of the Capital City of Warsaw. In the years 2010-2012 its cellars were restored, finding over 1000 coins and a well from the second half of the 17th century. The facility has been operating under its current name since 2014. It has as many as 9 branches.