Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The church of saints Peter and Paul was built at the end of the 19th century. It is a Greek cross-shaped building with five onion domes and a four-sided tower above the entrance. Its walls are covered with stone decorations in the form of geometric and floral patterns. Inside there is a wooden iconostasis and majolica.
The church was built for the Russian community of Karlovy Vary. In the second half of the nineteenth century, many of the local houses belonged to representatives of the Russian aristocracy. It was also the most popular spa outside of Russia visited by members of the richest families. The temple was built from the contributions of the Russian community in the years 1893-1897. In 2016, it underwent a major renovation.
The church is modeled on Russian buildings, and especially on the Moscow church in Ostankino. Gustav Wiedermann, one of the main creators of buildings in Karlovy Vary, supervised its construction. The building still impresses with its beautifully decorated external walls. Inside there are polychromes and an iconostasis made for the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900.