Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The observation tower is located at 562 meters above sea level. The terrace at a height of 35 meters offers a panorama of almost the entire town, rivers and valleys, nearby spa forests and gentler hills. On a clear day, the view range reaches up to 70 km. The tower is entered in the register of monuments.
The cable car built in 1909, which is over 450 meters long, leads to the hill on which the tower is located. Near the tower itself there is also a restaurant and a butterfly house.
The view of Karlovy Vary was discovered in 1804 by the inhabitants of the village and the sculptor Václav Drum. The man, together with his uncle, historian and chronicler Auguste Leopold Stöher, created here a place to rest, which throughout the nineteenth century was promoted by guides. It was not until 1912-1914 that a brick observation tower was built here with cut corners and a wooden observation deck.