Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Culloden Battlefield is the place where the battle of Culloden took place on April 16, 1746. It was the final armed confrontation during the Jacobin Uprising and the Civil War in Great Britain. Currently, there is a visitor center nearby, whose purpose is to preserve the battlefield in a state similar to that during the fighting. There is also a 6 m high mound of memory from the 19th century and tombstones that mark the mass graves of individual Scottish clans.
In the place where the cottage at the time was a field hospital for the English army, there is the Leanach farm from 1760. Nearby are the so-called English Stone, which probably marks the burial place of fallen soldiers fighting on the English side. On the eastern side of the battlefield is another stone, symbolizing the place where the body of one of the commanders, Alexander McGillivray of Dunmaglass, was found.