Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Synagogue them. Nożyk's wife is the only still active pre-war synagogue in Warsaw, who survived the devastation of World War II. It is the main synagogue of the Jewish Jewish Community of Warsaw and the seat of the Polish rabbi. Inside, you can see. The commemorative plaque commemorating the founders, Zalman and the Scotsman of Nożyk, who are still remembered in the prayers here. In the synagogue there are not only religious practices but also concerts, meetings and exhibitions related to Jewish culture.
The synagogue, built for the orthodox community, was built between 1898 and 1902. The brick structure represents a Neo-Roman style with Byzantine, Moorish and Neo-Renaissance elements. For the 600 people, the interior is divided into three aisles, upstairs are the women's galleries, the bima center, and on the eastern wall a dome topped with a star of David in which the Torah scrolls are stored.
During the Second World War, the Germans devastated the synagogue and built stables in it. Between 1977 and 1983, a thorough renovation was carried out. In 2001, the objects of worship were stolen by the Nazis from one of the synagogues.