Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The ruins of the knight's castle in Prochowice are now regaining their former glory. Since they were in private hands, the owner cares about their maintenance. The main body of the castle from the 16th and 17th centuries, as well as the tower and bastions have been preserved to this day. The oldest part has also survived - a medieval gothic house. Officially, the castle cannot be visited, it is protected by a fence.
The castle in Prochowice was built at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries thanks to the efforts of the von Parchwitz family. In the 16th century, when the owner of the castle was the von Zedlitz family, the process of transforming the medieval defensive castle into a Renaissance residence began. After the death of the last Silesian Piast in 1675, the castle became the property of Emperor Leopold Habsburg, and then it fell to the von Hohenzollern dynasty.
At the beginning of the 20th century, an extensive park was established next to the castle and renovation works began. The monument was slightly damaged in 1945. After the war, abandoned and forgotten, it began to fall into ruin.