Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The building in the classical style, erected in 1786-1789 according to the design of Christian von Schultz (Christian Valentin Schulze). In the hall of the Town Hall there is a polychrome with the coat of arms of the city, which dates from the late nineteenth century, when Kowary was a royal city - the property of the Prussian king, Frederick the Great. The ceiling of the Councilors' Hall is covered with paintings referring to the city's history.
The building serving as the town hall already existed in 1513, when Kowary received city rights. It was so-called The Court House, which in later years took the form of a multi-storey building in the Baroque style. It was probably destroyed during the Hussite wars, then looted and burned. It was demolished in 1786, and the existing town hall was built on its foundations. The previous building has cellars and polychromes discovered under a layer of later plasters.
In the interwar period a clock was placed in the tympanum of the main entrance. After World War II, the Town Hall was renovated several times - during the last renovation in 2003, the facade was replaced, details and sandstone finishes cleaned. The town hall continues to function as the seat of the city authorities to this day. In 2000, he was entered in the register of monuments.