Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The early baroque chapel is located in the Vilnius cathedral. It was built in the years 1623-1636 according to the design of Matteo Castelli, modeled on the Sigismund Chapel in Krakow's Wawel. It is dedicated to St. Kazimierz Jagiellończyk, whose relics are buried in it.
The chapel was built on a square plan. In its upper part there is a special royal box, connected by a secret passage to the Lower Castle. Initially, it housed a silver altar, which was, however, stolen by the Russian army in 1655. In the present altar there is a painting of St. Kazimierz. Interestingly, in the painting he has 3 hands.
The chapel is decorated with frescoes by Michelangelo Palloni and silver-plated statues of, among others, Władysław Jagiełło, Jan Olbracht, Zygmunt the Old and Zygmunt II August