Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Old Synagogue was built in the mid-nineteenth century in the Neo-Renaissance style. It is a rectangular building covered with a hip roof. It was renovated at the beginning of the 21st century. It currently does not serve religious purposes. There is an exhibition dedicated to Jews in Pilzno, their history and culture.
The synagogue was built in 1857-1859. It is hidden in one of the yards of the former Jewish quarter. From the outside it doesn't look very impressive. It is a simple building, with round windows on the ground floor and ending in a half-round on the first floor. The interior is surrounded by galleries for women. The central place is occupied by Aron Kodesz surrounded by a neo-Renaissance portal and a draped curtain draped on the wall.
The synagogue remained in use until the end of the 19th century, when the so-called Great Synagogue was built. In the following years it was used as a warehouse. The renovation began only at the turn of the 20th and 21st centuries. Currently, the main hall hosts concerts and other cultural events. The galleries feature exhibitions showing how Jews lived in Plzeň until World War II.