Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
St. Mary's Column is a decorative, baroque column located on Plac Dolny in Olomouc. Since 1995, together with the Holy Trinity column and a group of baroque fountains, it has been included in the Czech national cultural monuments. The base is decorated with eight statues of saints. These are Karol Boromeusz, Franciszek Ksawery, św. Sebastian, Saint. Roch, Saint. Rozalia, Saint. Catherine of Siena and St. Barbara and patron of Olomouc - St. Paulina. The culmination of the twisted pole is the beautiful sculpture of the Mother of God with the Child.
The St. Mary's Column in Olomouc was created as a thanksgiving after the plague of 1713–1715 stopped, during which over 3,000 people died. Its construction was proposed by the local stonemason and sculptor Wacław Render, inspired by similar buildings from Vienna and Prague. The column was erected in 1716–1727. The authors of the sculptures were Jan Sturmer and Tobiasz Schütz. In the years 1985–1992, during the renovation of the monument, the twisted column shaft was replaced due to its poor condition.