Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
St. Nicholas Cathedral
Local name: Katedrála svatého Mikuláše
Saint Nicholas' Cathedral in České Budějovice is a baroque three-nave church with a polygonal presbytery and a seven-story bell tower next to it, topped with an onion-shaped cupola. Inside, see stucco from the 18th century and an altar with a picture of Saint Nicholas of Mira.
The first church stood in this place in the mid-thirteenth century, shortly after the location of the city. It was rebuilt several times, and a fire destroyed it in the 17th century. At that time, a new project was commissioned to a pair of Italian architects J. Cipriani and F. Canevalle. The temple was consecrated in 1649. In the following years, work continued on the interior design.
It is a church with a hall structure, with a barrel vault and polygonal pillars separating naves from each other. On the facade, statues of saints Wenceslaus, Nicholas, Jacob and Auracian were placed. The cathedral holds the relics of Saint Auracian, a martyr from the first centuries of Christianity.