Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Old Town Fortress Đurđevac is one of the most important tourist facilities in northwestern Croatia. This place impresses with its magnificent Gothic-Renaissance architecture, as well as an interesting museum located in the fortress. In the attic there is a representative permanent exhibition consisting of 160 works - paintings and sculptures of Croatian artists from the late 19th and 20th centuries. This is part of the rich donation of Ivan Lackovic involving over 2,000 objects: mainly paintings, sculptures and posters.
The fortress of the Old Town of đurđevac was probably built around 1488 by Bishop Zygmunt Ernušt. Its location on a hill in the middle of swamps forced a constant threat of Turkish invasions. The fortress was renovated in the 1980s and 1990s. On the ground floor there are gastronomic premises, while on the first floor and attic there is already mentioned museum and gallery space. The most characteristic of the building is a tower measuring about 9 meters high.