Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
St. Patrick's Cathedral Rupert in Salzburg is a baroque style building with two towers, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Both the richly decorated church interior and the crypt are open to visitors. The cathedral is known for seven antique bells, the oldest of which date from the 17th century, as well as numerous relics, among others relics of Saint Rupert.
In front of the church there is a column with the statue of the Immaculate Mary by brothers Wolfgang and Johann Hagenauer from the second half of the 18th century. Made of metal and marble, the column depicts Mary surrounded by allegorical representations of the Church, wisdom, devil and angel.
The first church was built here in the 8th century. It was rebuilt and reconstructed several times, until it was completely destroyed in the 16th century. The construction of the currently existing cathedral according to the design of Italian architects lasted from 1614 to 1628.