Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The church Barbara, also known as the church of the monastery in Salesas Reales is a Catholic temple founded by Queen Barbara de Braganza, wife of King Ferdinand VI. The most interesting monuments include the marble tombs of the royal couple, designed by Francisco Sabatini and the tomb of General Leopoldo O'Donnell, the first Prince of Tetuan, the work of Jeronimo Suñol. Outside there are statues of St. Francis of Sales and Saint. Joan de Chantal, founders of the Order of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary.
The church was built in 1757 for the monastery of the mentioned sisters of Saint Francis of Sales. It was designed by Francisco Carlier in collaboration with Francisco Moradillo. In 1870 the monastery was closed and the building was used as the seat of the Palace of Justice. Currently, the Supreme Court is located here. The church itself is still used as a place of worship and seat of the parish.