Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Church of St. John is a Baroque building with the two-tower facade. It consists of the 19th-century main altar with statues and sculptures from the 18th century, side altars, the Baroque pulpit from the 18th century, the baptismal font from 1912, and the impressive, 19th-century pipe organs. The spacious interior is filled with two rows of chapels facing the center. What is especially worthy of attention is the Mausoleum of Piasts, last dukes of Duchess of Legnica and Brzeg, situated in the chapel attached to the church.The monumental object was built in the first half of the 18th century, in the place of the former Gothic church. Later in the same century, it was part of the Jesuit collegium complex. After the construction disaster in 1744, it remained in ruins until the beginning of the 19th century when it was rebuilt.It was only slightly damaged during World War II. Right after the church and neighboring monastic building were passed to the Franciscan Order. In the 1960s and 1970s, after small fire, it was thoroughly renovated.