Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Palace Armory is the main armory of the Order of Saint John, located in the Grand Master's palace, which was transformed into a museum in 1860. The core of the collection are armor and melee weapons from the 16th and 17th centuries, which in the past belonged to the Knights of St. John. The rarity of the collection is the personal armor of the Grand Master Alof de Wignacourt (1547-1622) - builder of the aqueduct and protector Caravaggio.
Firearms are also represented in large numbers - from huge cannons to small arms. A significant part of the presented exhibits is the Turkish melee weapon from the time of the siege of Malta in 1565. Palace Armory has one of the largest collections of weapons and armament in the world (among those exhibited in original armories).
The religious arsenal was transferred to the palace of the Grand Master in 1604. In the huge hall at the back of the building, weapons for several thousand soldiers were gathered. Only part of the weapon composition has survived to this day - it is believed that the most valuable copies were taken from Malta during the French occupation in 1798-1800.