Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Brera Pinacoteka is open to the public in 1803. Among other similar objects, they are distinguished by an impressive collection of Italian painting, in which paintings can be found, among others Rafael, Caravaggio and Canaletta. In addition to paintings by Italian Renaissance masters, the rich museum collection also includes works from later eras.
The collections of the Brera Pinacoteka include the famous Marriage of Maria by Rafael himself, View of the canal and St. Mark of Punta della Dogana Canaletta, Supper in Emmaus Caravagia, Sermon of St. Marek Gentili and Giovanni Bellini, or Pieta Giovanni Bellini.
The museum is located in a building whose history dates back to the first half of the 13th century and is associated with the semi-secular order of humiliats. After the liquidation of this congregation, the building, in accordance with the wishes of Pope Pius V, passed into the hands of the Jesuits. They ran a school and a college in it. In the reconstruction of the building he helped, among others Italian architect Ggiuseppe Permarini. The museum owes its creation to the patronage of the state. The museum building suffered during World War II, however, the collections survived and in 1950 the Pinacotheque resumed its activity.