Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Schwedische Gustaf-Adolfs-Kirche is an evangelical Lutheran temple of the Swedish Church. It was built in 1907 according to the design of the Norwegian architect Thomas Yderstad. The object is named after the Swedish king Gustav II Adolf - his bust is in the church.
One of the oldest elements of the temple's equipment is the silver baptismal font from 1893. Noteworthy is the model ship "Gustaw Adolf" - three-masted made by captain Hans Frey. The church also has a replica of the figure of Christ from 1822, by the famous Danish sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen (1770-1844). The Danish work is, among others the equestrian statue of Prince Józef Poniatowski located in Warsaw.
The Schwedische Gustaf-Adolfs-Kirche is one of the few churches in Hamburg that survived World War II. On the hundredth anniversary of its existence, the temple was renovated, during which part of the original frescoes, painted during previous renovations, were unveiled.