Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The Philharmonic on the Elbe is a concert hall in Hamburg distinguished by extremely original architecture. The glass facade of the building consists of over 1000 curved glass tiles. In the middle there are, among others conference rooms, spa, parking, observation deck, as well as a concert hall with a capacity of 2,100 spectators.
The concert hall was built on the site of the former imperial granary from 1875. The building was completely destroyed during World War II. In 1963, a cocoa port warehouse was built here. The philharmonic hall standing here is one of the tallest buildings in the whole city, it is 110 meters high.
The philharmonic building is located in the modern HafenCity district, which was built on the site of the world's largest port granary, Speicherstadt (placed on the UNESCO list in 2015). The originators of the project were architect Alexander Gerard and art historian Jan Marko.