Poland    Lesser Poland    Dołęga    Dołęga Manor House
number 1 in the city
DOŁĘGAPoland

Dołęga Manor House

Local name: Dwór w Dołędze

Dołęga Manor House is a typical headquarters of middle-class szlachta from Lesser Poland. The ground floor larch house with whitened walls is covered with the gabled shingle roof. The porch supported by columns is situated at the entrance. The interior consists of recreated rooms from the turn of the 20th century.

The manor was built in the first half of the 19th century. It belonged to the Gunther Family. At the turn of the 20th century, it was a place of meetings of the representatives of Kraków's art community: Lucjan Rydel, Włodzimierz Tetmajer, Stanisław Przybyszewski, and Stanisław Wyspiański. The property wasn't parceled out and its last owner - Jadwiga Tumidajska - lived here until the 1970s. She bequeathed it to the museum. After the renovation in 1981, it became the branch of the Regional Museum in Tarnów.

The building has the porch overgrown with ivy and sculpted window frames. The interior is furnished in Biedermeier and art nouveau styles. It consists of photographs of the Gunther Family and their guests, souvenirs from the times of the January Uprising and the Galician Slaughter, and souvenirs of professor Siedlecki - the brother in law of Jadwiga Tumidajska. Paintings by Stanisław Wyspiański can be admired in her room.

Less

Attractions inside

    Dołęga Manor House map
    SEE ON THE MAP
    Dołęga 1032-821 Dołęga , Poland