Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The former royal residence is a masterpiece of baroque architecture and one of the largest palaces in the world. It was built in 1675 according to the design of Amedeo di Castellamonte, commissioned by Prince Charles Emmanuel II. It was to serve as a hunting lodge. Since 1997, it has also been inscribed on the UNESCO Heritage List.
The palace houses an extensive collection of works of art, sculptures, paintings and stucco. In total, about 8,000 exhibits have been collected here, including works by artists such as Vittorio Amedeo Cignaroli, Pietro Domenico Olivero and Bernardino Quadri.
In the center of the main courtyard there is a monumental fountain decorated with mythological motifs, shells and fruit. The former gardens were once transformed into a parade ground, and only in the 20th century were they re-arranged as a park and garden space.