Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
A swing bridge connects the island of Borgo Antico (Old Town) with the peninsula of Borgo Nuovo (New Town). The canal was dug in 1481 as part of the defense of Taranto. The first steel and wooden bridge was built in 1886 and led across the canal. The current steel bridge was completed in 1958.