Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The fort was built between 1561 and 1563 by order of Prince Cosimo, a few years before becoming the Grand Duke of Tuscany. Originally built in the shape of the letter "L" fortress was transformed into the current rectangular form. At each of the four corners there is an impressive brick rampart. A permanent theatrical structure was created within the walls.