Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The historic artillery tower was built in the 15th century to strengthen the city's defensive walls. It was part of a fortification project implemented by the Turkish authorities after the occupation of Thessaloniki in 1430. The tower with the preserved remains of the walls is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Its name probably refers to the triangular brackets on the walls.