Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Markthalle Stuttgart is an Art Nouveau market hall in the center of Stuttgart. The hall was built in 1911-1914 by Martin Elsaesser with frescoes by Franz Heinrich Gref and Gustaw Rümelin and the sculptures of the external facade of Josef Zeitler and Jakob Brüllmann. The facility was built in a place where from 1864 there was a municipal vegetable market and initially served as a food market with over 400 stands. The pavilion is currently a consumer market in the segment of higher prices.
The building measures 6800 square meters, of which 3500 square meters are occupied by shopping stalls on the ground floor. The market-room free of columns is 60 meters long and 25 meters wide. In the building, apart from shops and service premises, there are also several cafes and restaurants. In 2010, there were 37 different stands here. Since 1974, the building has been entered in the National Monument Register.