Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Hranicni vrch observation tower
Local name: Rozhledna Hraniční vrch
The Hranicni vrch observation tower is located on a hill 527 m above sea level, near the Polish border. They are two metal truss structures connected by a hanging footbridge at a height of 25 meters. Two platforms offer a view of the Polish-Czech borderland.
The towers were built in 1980 as radio transmitters. At the beginning of the 21st century, they were no longer used and belonged to a telephone operator. They were intended for demolition. The city of Albrechtice bought the towers then for a symbolic amount of 1190 crowns. In 2011, an observation tower with two platforms was opened.
During the reconstruction of the masts, stairs consisting of 149 steps and a footbridge connecting both platforms were built. They were roofed. Information boards were also placed, allowing better orientation of the sown panorama.