Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Bell Tower of the Cathedral of St. Domnius
Local name: Zvonik svetog Duje
Zvonik svetog Duje, or the bell tower of the cathedral of St. Dujama is an impressive tower built of white stone. It is about 60 m high. The construction of the building started in 1100 and continued for the next 300 years. Eventually, due to the threat of collapse, the belfry was completely demolished and rebuilt in the beginning of the Twentieth century. Currently located at the top of the gallery is a valued viewing point.
The original tower in the Romanesque style underwent many transformations during long-lasting construction. Today's form was given to it after demolition and reconstruction in 1908. Its effect was to raise and change the stone decorative elements of the tower - many original Romanesque sculptures were removed. At the foot of the belfry there are two Romanesque lions and a granite Egyptian sphinx, dating back to the 15th century BC.
The cathedral of St. Dujam, patron of Split. The building was erected as the mausoleum of Emperor Diocletian, in the 8th century it was rebuilt into a cathedral. Inside survivors include 13th century Romanesque stalls.