Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Kasteel d'Ursel is a former summer residence of the noble family d'Ursel. The classical building, after being taken over by the state in 1994, underwent a comprehensive renovation and was made available to visitors. Concerts, exhibitions and other cultural events are organized at the castle. The facility is rented for special events.
The interior of the castle is nine carefully restored apartments, spacious halls and thousands of books, paintings, furniture and decorative objects, which after many years of absence returned to the castle. They were borrowed by Stéphane, the current Prince d'Ursel, before moving with his family to Central America.
In the mid-16th century, today's castle was a large house belonging to Thibault Barradot. Another owner, Diederik van de Werve (1519-1598), added a new wing and a tower. In 1608, the house was bought by Conrad III Schetz, who later took the name of his aunt Barbara d'Ursel. The d'Ursel family lived in the castle until 1960.