Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Sint-Andrieskerk, or the church of St. Andrew, the former temple of the Order of Saint Augustine, erected in the first half 16th century. The late Gothic edifice has baroque furnishings. Particularly noteworthy is the monumental, complex of huge paintings Way of the Cross and the eye-catching pulpit by Jan-Baptist van Hool and Jan Frans van Geel from 1821. The realistic figural composition depicts the call of the apostles Andrzej and Piotr. There is also a reliquary with the remains of 36 saints in the church.
Other noteworthy pieces of equipment in the temple include the alabaster statue of the Queen of Scots, Maria Stuart, and the monumental Baroque altar, made in 1729 by Willem Ignatius Kerricx. The reliquaries are exhibited in the church crypt, which acts as a museum.
St. parish Andrew in the nineteenth century was called the "parish of misery." The district in which the church was built has been inhabited by the worst-off residents of Antwerp for centuries.