Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Church of St. Peter and Paul
Local name: Pfarre St. Petrus und Paulus
The history of the abbey dates back to the 11th century, but the present baroque collegiate church was built by Jakob Prandtauer in the 1st half of the 18th century. It is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and is considered one of the best examples of baroque religious architecture in Austria. It has the form of a huge hall church with niches and cloisters and a 64-meter dome.
The facade is decorated with statues of the church's patrons, St. Peter and Paul. Above the portal, you can also see sculptures depicting Archangel Michael and the Guardian Angel, and on the top between the towers there is a huge statue of the Risen Christ surrounded by angels. The towers were built in the Rococo style in 1738 after the previous ones were destroyed by fire.
The interior is richly decorated with stucco, gold and marble elements. It is worth paying attention to the series of frescoes on the vault and walls of the temple, gilded statues and decorative wooden stalls.