Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
St. Jacob’s Cathedral in Olsztyn was built in the second half of the 14th century. The church was erected in the Gothic style. In summer, Olsztyn Organ Concerts take place in this co-cathedral. Feliks Nowowiejski, the famous composer of "Rota" and "The Legend of the Baltic Sea", worked here as an organist in the years 1898 - 1900.In the Perpetual Adoration Chapel, you can admire the late Gothic triptych made at the beginning of the 16th century. The unknown author placed in the altar a statue of the Mother of God with the Child, twelve Apostles, St Catherine and St Canute. In the 1950s, the altar found its way to Olsztyn thanks to the bishop Tomasz Wilczyński, who financed his renovation. In addition, movable monuments from different periods have been preserved in the church, including: a wall tabernacle with a Gothic grid (Gothic period), a triptych of Saint Cross, candlesticks and painting decoration of a wall tabernacle (Renaissance period), a painting of Our Lady of the Rosary, a baptismal font, the sculptures of the Apostles, a crucifix of supernatural size (Baroque period).At the turn of the 1970s and 1980s, bishop Józef Glemp, who later became the Primate of Poland, managed the Diocese of Warmia. From 1974, the church has the title of a co-catedra, and in 2004 it was given the title of a basilica minor.