Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The parish located on the hill in Kazimierz Dolny attracts attention with interior decorations, among which stands out the richness of stucco vaults, carved pilaster heads, a baroque main altar with two paintings, decorative, seventeenth-century benches, a wooden pulpit, a Rococo canopy and a stone font in the style of a sculptor Gucci.
Noteworthy are also wonderful organs, one of the oldest in Poland, whose larch frame was made in 1620. In summer, you can listen to an organ music concert in the parish church. The church is adjacent to the 16th-century chapels of Borkowski, Górski, Królewska and the chapel of St. Michael.
The tower next to the church dates from the mid-16th century, and its thick walls testify to its defensive functions in the past. The parish church owes its existence to King Casimir the Great, who founded it around 1325. In the first years of the 17th century, the temple was expanded in the Renaissance style.
The history of the temple marks the period between the great fire in 1561 and 1586 when reconstruction began. It was only at the beginning of the 17th century that the temple regained its splendor, combining the original Gothic features with a new Renaissance composition. Murator Jakub Balin made a significant contribution to today's form of the church.