Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
St Stephen's Green is a public city park. It is adjacent to one of Dublin's main shopping streets, Grafton Street and the shopping center of the same name. There are, among others a garden for the blind with fragrant plants that are marked in Braille and a large lake with a waterfall, a bridge and a decorative gazebo. You can also see a dozen or so monuments dedicated to W. Yeats, J. Joyce, Robert Emmet and others. Children can have fun on the playground, renovated in 2010.
Until 1663, St Stephen's Green was a swampy area on the outskirts of Dublin used for grazing livestock. A year later, a park was established here and it was surrounded by a closed wall. The surrounding houses were quickly replaced by new Georgian-style buildings. In 1815, the park underwent radical changes and was redesigned by Arthur Neville, who added, among others, winding paths and iron fences. The park owes its present appearance to William Sheppard, who made changes to it in the 1880s.