Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The historic cathedral was built in the first half of the 12th century. As a result of subsequent reconstructions, one can now see elements in various architectural styles, including Romanesque naves, a Gothic presbytery and a transept built in the transitional style. The cathedral is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The monumental body of the cathedral is 134 m long. Attention is drawn to the stained glass rosette and five soaring Romanesque-Gothic towers that act as bell towers. They measure all approx. 83 m high. Inside the temple, it is worth seeing the choir, whose total length is nearly 60 m. It is decorated with a three-level facade. At her feet there are spacious arcades, and at the top nineteen high windows.
The first church was erected here at the end of the 5th century. It was destroyed during the Viking invasion in 881. Another temple was built then, which was demolished in 1066. The present church is the third in turn built in the same place.