Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
The medieval fortress was built in the mid-13th century. It was one of the most important defensive fortifications in Wallachia. It lasted until 1524, when it was captured and destroyed by the Turkish army.
The fortress was built on a rectangular plan. It was surrounded by two stripes of defensive walls. The remains of the defensive walls and dungeons, as well as the ruins of the keep and the chapel, have survived to the present day.