Add the first photo and get an additional 2 points
Kolossi Castle is considered the best preserved castle in Cyprus. The fortress consists of a three-storey tower and an adjacent walled courtyard, whose area is about 1200 square meters. Both the courtyard and the tower can be visited.
The tower, which operated simultaneously as a military and residential facility, is about 20 meters high. Its walls have a thickness of up to 2.7 meters. There was a warehouse on the ground floor, a kitchen on the first floor, and living rooms on the top floor. Currently, these interiors are devoid of any equipment.
The history of the fortress dates back to the beginning of the 13th century, when the Order of St. John built the first castle in this place. The building, which has survived to this day, comes from the mid-15th century and was created thanks to the efforts of Louis de Magnac, the Great Commander of the Order.