Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki is a city with the Warsaw-Modlin airport. It is also known for the Modlin Fortress, built at the beginning of the 19th century, the forts of which can now be visited.
The construction of the Modlin Fortress, which is currently the greatest attraction of Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, began in 1807 on the orders of Napoleon. In the nineteenth century, it was expanded many times at the request of the Russian authorities, eventually becoming a fortress, consisting of the main Fort estate and a system of forts scattered several kilometers from it. Both the main part of the fortress with the barracks, the Granary and numerous auxiliary buildings and a large part of the forts have survived to this day.
On the Vistula River, in the area of the fortress, there is the Twierdza Modlin Beach, which is used in summer for recreational purposes.