Trnava is a historic city and an important wine center. The Old Town has been entered on the list of Slovak historic reserves, and its most important building is the Basilica of St. Nicholas.
Sometimes called "Little Rome" because of the number of churches, Trnava was the first in Slovakia to receive the title of a free city. It happened in 1238, and in the following centuries the city performed important administrative and representative functions. Kings met here, and from 1543 the primate of Hungary had their seat here.
The center of Trnava creates a compact complex of buildings with buildings from the period from the Middle Ages to the 19th century. The most important of them are the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist with a rich, baroque interior, the fourteenth century Basilica of St. Nicholas, Church of St. James, Church of the Holy Trinity or Church of St. Joseph. One of the symbols and main attractions of Trnava is the Renaissance town tower, from the terrace of which you can admire the panorama of the area. There is also a baroque Holy Trinity Column in the Market Square.
Trnava is the seat of the West Slovak Museum, which presents collections related to the history and culture of this part of Slovakia. there is also the Jnizwana Culture Museum and the Jan Koniarka Gallery.