ПДобавьте первое фото и получите дополнительные 2 балла span>
St. Joseph is the main temple of the Archdiocese in Bucharest. It was built of raw brick in the years 1875-1883 according to the design of the Austrian architect Friedrich Schmidt. It is 40 m long and 22 m wide. Its architecture is dominated by the neo-Romanesque style with neo-Gothic elements such as the rosette and the main portal.
There are 700 seats in the cathedral, and its maximum capacity is estimated at 2,000 people. The main altar, made of white marble, was made in Rome and then transported to Bucharest.
During the visit, it is worth paying attention to the decorated wooden pulpits, carved pews, a mosaic dedicated to the Virgin Mary and a series of colorful stained glass windows depicting scenes from the life of St. Joseph, Mary and Jesus.