ПДобавьте первое фото и получите дополнительные 2 балла span>
The history of the Dominican Sisters' convent dates back to the second half of the 15th century. Currently, the former monastery buildings have the status of a national monument. They house a museum of thematic art and sacred art.
Inside the convent church, it is worth visiting the main chapel with gilded woodwork from the end of the 16th century. The walls of the chapel are decorated with ceramic panels and azulejo tiles and paintings depicting scenes from the life of Blessed Joan of Portugal, daughter of King Alfonso V, who entered the convent in 1472 and lived in it until her death. It houses her decorated stone tomb.
The museum's collections include paintings, sculptures, furniture and mosaics. Most of them come from the already closed monasteries operating both in Aveiro and other parts of the country.