Iwonicz-Zdrój is a health resort on the edge of the Low Beskids, surrounded by gentle mountains covered with forests. The surroundings are great for walks, and several viewpoints provide vast panoramas reaching the Tatra Mountains. In the center of the spa, a nice, wooden building from the 19th century has been preserved.
The mineral waters from Iwonicz are mentioned as early as in the 15th century, and in the 16th century it was described by the court doctor of Stefan Batory, Wojciech Oczko. These waters, however, were not exploited on a larger scale until the first half of the 19th century, when Iwonicz fell into the hands of Count Karol Teofil Załuski. It was she and her wife Amelia who created a health resort in Iwonicz, which was owned by the Załuski family until 1945.
The greatest attraction of Iwonicz-Zdrój and its representative part is the 19th century spa district located in the surroundings of a naturalistic spa park. There is a wooden church of St. Iwona, Willa Bazar with a characteristic clock tower, Dom Zdrojowy and Mineral Water Pump Room. They are complemented by a concert shell, the buildings of the health resort management and villas where patients lived from the 19th century. Most of the historic buildings are wooden, some imitate classicist brick buildings, and are actually made of wood.
There are several mineral springs in Iwonicz-Zdrój, some of which are available in the pump room. The most famous of the local springs is Bełkotka. Its name comes from the methane bubbles appearing on its surface, causing the water to bubble.
The spa park surrounding the center of the spa naturally passes into the forest. There are many walking and hiking paths that can be reached, among others to the Przymiarki mountain, from where there are beautiful views of the Low Beskids, and with good visibility also of the Tatra Mountains.